- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, saute pan, and food warmer.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 13 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts, and more.
- COOK FAST OR SLOW: Pressure cooks delicious one-pot meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cooks your favorite traditional recipes just like grandma used to make.
- QUICK AND EASY CLEAN UP: Finger-print resistant, stainless-steel sides, dishwasher-safe lid, inner pot, and accessories.
- PROVEN SAFETY FEATURES: Includes over 10 safety features, plus overheat protection and a safe-locking lid.
- GREAT FOR GROWING FAMILIES: Cook for up to 6 people perfect for growing families, or meal prepping and batch cooking for singles.
- VERSATILE INNER COOKING POT: We use food-grade stainless steel, a tri-ply bottom for more even cooking, and are perfect for sauteing.
- DISCOVER AMAZING RECIPES: Download our free Instant Pot app (iOS and Android) so you can discover new favorites and prepare delicious meals.
I've had my Duo60 for almost a month now and I love it. Before getting it I made sure to read up on recipe ideas, how they differ from standard stove top pressure cookers, and I watched every video I could find on the subject. I tend to do that with every kitchen product I buy so I know if I really want it beforehand, and what mistakes to avoid after it arrives.Tonight as a last minute dinner idea I tossed in 4 frozen solid chicken legs and thighs, poured in some soy sauce, vinegar and Mirin; pressed the poultry button; and twenty-something minutes later I had perfectly cooked and flavorful Adobo. Without my Instant Pot it probably would have been fast food instead.
You may think pressure cookers are useful mainly for cooking tough cuts of meat in a short period of time. And they are great for that, but they are SO, so good for vegetarian meal prep as well. I had purchased a bunch of Rancho Gordo heirloom beans, but they had been sitting in my pantry for 6 months. I never think to pre-soak beans the day before I want to cook them. I'm not good with planning ahead, I guess. With the instant pot, I can throw un-soaked, dry beans into the pot and they're ready in less than an hour. It also helps me cook rice in minutes without resorting to using boxed, sodium-laden instant rice. Lentils are also a breeze.I even use them when I'm just feeling super lazy. It only takes 10 minutes to boil pasta or steam veggies on the stovetop, but when I don't feel like waiting for water to boil or I don't want to clean a pasta pot and a sauce pot, I dump even these quick-cooking things in my Instant Pot mini and I literally have dinner on the table in 5 minutes. 10 minutes if I add sliced mushrooms and greens to my pasta. So easy. I got mine on a great deal - I think it was a returned or refurbished model, but it works great, and as a single person I'm glad I got the mini. Haven't missed the size of the larger pot at all, but it can take some trial and error to adjust recipes down to this size. Don't worry if the first few recipes turn to mush, keep at it and you'll find what works for you and what to avoid making in this.
Highly recommend this machine! I have used it to cook everything from cheesecake, hard boiled eggs, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and ribs and it all turned out perfectly. I did purchase a second insert. Try cooking mashed potatoes, cheesecake and ribs with one liner all on the same night and you would purchase a second one too! My must have extras: A second stainless steel liner, stainless steel strainer basket, spring form pan and freezer food containers.
I have been using pressure cookers of different kinds for decades. A few weeks ago, my wife had one blow up on her and I decided to look into electric pressure cookers, finally deciding to buy the Instant Pot following the advice on this site and others.It has been but a week but I am so impressed with it that I have to let everyone know.Great things about the Instant Pot:- It is easy to clean. And it is very light (the part that you have to clean, that is). Regular pressure cookers are monstrosities that have to be lifted with two hands and what not to clean.- It is safe. Since the power is in control of the pot, there is no possibility that the pressure will rise to unsafe levels.- You can set the time and forget it: you don't have to hover around or reduce the heat after the desired pressure is reached.- There are lots of videos online.- It is ridiculous how simple cooking becomes with Instant Pot.- It looks great on the counter.- Everything that food touches is stainless steel.- Interface is very simple.- You can release the pressure fast if you want: just place a wet towel on top of the steam release gizmo and release the steam.
Absolutely love it. Watched videos on YouTube before it arrived. It came yesterday afternoon... and off to the market I went. Got home at 4:00pm and fixed me a drink, then set off on the first pot roast I've ever cooked by any method. 2 hrs and 15 minutes later we had an absolutely spectacular Pot Roast Dinner with Potatoes, Carrots, Onions and scrumptious gravy.It's easy, quick, made less mess in the kitchen because everything is done in one pot, easy to clean... and we have a wonderful second meal in the leftovers.Would recommend this to anyone.